Need For Beads, Inc.'s Fan Box

Click on my logo to become a fan!


Need For Beads, Inc. on Facebook

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Newest Work as a CCC Ambassador

Blog Entry 082312

Since I became one of five Cousin Corporation of America's Creative Circle Ambassadors, I have been busy making the month's assignment, which was to be a piece inspired by Florida. I visited Miami Beach several times and was always inspired by the colors in the water and in the sunsets. With that in mind, I designed the necklace below, which was in my last blog post. I am in the midst of writing and publishing the pattern for this.


This piece, which I called Florida Inspiration, had to be made of all Cousin components. The turquoise-colored beads are separated with crystal rondelles that twinkle with light the way the sun did on the water, and the orange beads in the multi-strand fade to light pink, just as the colors in the sunset did.

The clasp is also crystal to match the rondelles, and is silver-plated.

Clasp on Florida Inspiration

I then went on to design a matching pair of earrings.

I went on to make more jewelry with the supplies sent by Cousin Corporation of America (below). Using Cousin Trinkettes® beads, the first piece represents my first try at Viking Knit.

Viking Knit Earrings

I made another design with SilverSilk, still using the Cousin Trinkette beads:

SilverSilk Earrings

And, finally, using the leftover beads and the ribbon from the packaging used in Cousin Trinkettes®, I made a bookmark:

Bookmark

No comments:

Need For Beads, Inc.'s Fan Box

Need For Beads, Inc. on Facebook