Need For Beads, Inc.'s Fan Box

Click on my logo to become a fan!


Need For Beads, Inc. on Facebook

Saturday, March 16, 2013

PrimaBead Entry for Bead & Button Show


One of my pieces will be displayed by Cousin at PrimaBead's booth at the June 2013 Bead & Button Show. I decided to do an embroidered necklace and this picture shows the start after cutting out the shape of the bib. I have five white stones with one white and brown agate placed on the bib.

I then used different techniques to create bezels, including peyote stitch, backstitching, and couching.
Once I had the main accent stones done (except for the lower center one...there I am going to add some peyote stitching to the inside hole), I started embroidering the background.

Entry for PrimaBead

As you can see, progress is made, but this type of design takes a lot of work. This is how much I had done by March 15, 2013. There is an April 1, 2013 deadline for submission.


The fringe technique is called "corraling", and originated in Russia.

1 comment:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Beautiful work, Gail. Can't wait to see it done. And, yes, that does take a lot of work.

Hugs
G-Ma

Need For Beads, Inc.'s Fan Box

Need For Beads, Inc. on Facebook